Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Avocado sandwich

Hi! to all my blog readers.Me back to blogging after a long gap:)though I was not blogging but I was sometimes reading my few favourite blogs and trying some quick recipes.
Today I have come up with the avocado sandwich, a nutritious greeny and tasty sandwich.
Avocado sandwich

Ingredients
8 slices whole-grain bread
8 tsp light mayonnaise
2 medium tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 cup alfalfa or beans sprouts
250 gms cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
2 small avocados (sliced)
120 gms cheese (very thinly sliced or shredded)
4 tsp mustard sauce

Method
Spread on bread slices mayonnaise, mustard sauce, put chopped tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts,avocado and finally cheese to get delicious veggie sandwich.
But I have slightly modified it, I made a chutney(paste) of beans sprouts and
avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper and spread it on bread slices and then added the chopped vegetables and cheese, and believe me it made the sandwich more yummier.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dori said...

I am so happy to see you blogging again :) I love avocado's!!! Looks yummy!

Seena said...

Mammu,
It has been long since I visited here,loved ur new recipes,
Assalam alaikkum..