Saturday, November 8, 2008

Banana Nut Bread

Today finally I was able to post banana nut bread recipe from my favorite book (which I got atleast a month ago.)
Though its an easy recipe to try I was too lazy to post it and I owe my laziness to the "little bun in my oven" which is quite ready to come but is enjoying its stay inside by keeping both mom & dad waiting and tasting some delicious delicacies cooked by my husband.I hardly cook anything these days, thanks to my husband who is always ready to cook anything which the baby wants and the mom demands :)
here is the recipe of banana nut bread from " essentials of baking'
Iam sure my little angel must have enjoyed while I ate my slice of bread.

Ingredients:
2
large ripe bananas
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 large eggs
3/4 firmly packed brown sugar
6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
1/2 cup whole milk
Bananas and orange zest

Method:
Step 1
:
Using a fork mash bananas and keep it aside.Bananas should be 1and 3/4 when mashed.In another bowl mix together all purpose flour , whole wheat flour , baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg ,orange zest and nuts.

Step 2 In a large bowl beat eggs,sugar milk and butter.Add the dry ingredients and the mashed bananas alternatively and mix with a spatula until the batter is moistened.

Step 3
Transfer the contents into a buttered pan and bake on 350 degrees for 55 - 60 mins. Insert a fork to check if its done.

let it cool for sometime and then serve ..

14 comments:

sara said...

Wow the banana bread looks awesome . Got to try this one out. You bread rose quite nicely.

Zee said...

How thoughtful and tender of your husband..you are indeed lucky Mashallah:)
I made this banana bread long ago but without the zest and nuts..I am sure the orange zest will add an interesting flavour to it..thanks for posting the recipe..Allah bless the mother baby duo:)

Vijitha said...

guess this is my first time here.. u have a lovely space.jus popped in to say a hi

Banana nuut bread is one of my fav. I cannt get enough of it. Urs looks so moist n perfect! well done :-) hugs!

Purva Desai said...

Hey thanks for dropping by,...
You have a yummy blog too..
Banana Nut Bread has turned out well and looks soft and fluffy..

Yasmeen said...

Alhamdillah,bhai can cook!.Good to know you're getting all the help needed in cooking:)
May Allah ta'ala make the delivery asaan for you and bless you with immense sabr and the baby with best of health,Ameen:)

Yasmeen said...

And the bread looks scrumptious with sweet ripe bananas ,crunchy nuts and hint of Orange zest:)

maimoona said...

Thanks Zee and Yasmeen for your best wishes and prayers I will need them desperately.
Thanks Sara, Vij and Purva desai for stopping by.

Anjum said...

Asak maimu,how are ur last days of preg gng??...its so nice of ur husband to help u with cooking mashallah...i like ur posts of baking as well,take care.alfz

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow banana and nuts with the tint of orange. Hmmm wish i could smell the bread. Looks moist and perfect. Recipe sounds easy. Let me give it a try. Takae care.

syeda said...

salam maimoona,
the bread looks really great ,never tried making it though, will definitely try it out!
mashallah you are pregnant?mabrook! so nice of ur husband to cook for u, inshallah may allah make things easier for u and ur baby during delivery..aameen

Yasmeen said...

I have a surprise for you at my blog:)

syeda said...

you have been tagged!

Dori said...

I LOVE this recipe! I like the addition of whole wheat flour and orange zest... Must have smelled amazing!

Srikitchen said...

that looks delicious and scrumptious!
first time to ur blog and it is very nice!
do visit my blog when u find time!